Thursday, January 24, 2013

One week old :)

You could say i'm a little busy, but i'll get better about updating this.. hopefully ;)

The first week home mommy and daddy adapted to this new life of parenting. When she slept, we tried to sleep but found ourselves staring at her more. We watched lots of Sons of Anarchy and attended to her every need. She slept in her Rock n' Play during naptime and at night. She woke every 3 hours to eat. Mommy was in so much pain from BF'ing that I just had to stop altogether. It broke my heart, because I missed that closeness I got with her, but I knew that formula was the best route at that point.

Her pediatrician saw her on Tuesday after we got home from hospital. She was 4 days old! She weighed 7.4 lbs. When we left the hospital she weighed 7 lbs. She was eating 2 1/2 oz. every 3 hours and the doctor was okay with that! We have her on Enfamil Newborn formula. The doctor was very pleased with her and said she looked perfect! It was a pleasant visit if we don't count the screaming cry from Dr. Elliot's FREEZING cold hands. Poor baby girl did not like that at all! She had to get her first vaccine, and she only cried a little! So proud of my little girl!

I can't get enough of her. I just want to cuddle her every single minute of the day!

First day home!

After a sponge bath! We weren't a fan!


Aaachoooo!

At the doctor's office!


Sleeping soundly on daddy!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment