Thursday, January 17, 2013

Meet Addisyn Nicole :)

Haven't updated in awhile.. I've been a bit busy.. HAVING A BABY! :)

On January 3rd, about 6:30 in the morning I had gone over to my boyfriends house, not feeling too well. I thought I could be having contractions. Whatever this cramping feeling was, came every 3-4 minutes and lasted for about 2 hours. I got up to watch some TV and decided to take a bath and wait another hour before heading to the hospital. I still wasn't sure it was contractions.. Well, my bath didn't last long, I was in pain! I got out and told Kyle to get dressed because I wanted to head to triage. I had been talking to my sister that morning and when she heard that I was going to triage, she reached out to a friend so they knew I was coming! This cramping feeling got further apart when I was at the hospital, of course! Now keep in mind this is Thursday and we are scheduled to induce on Sunday evening.

After the doctor checked me out and looked over the monitors the conclusion came to: DELIVERY! I was diagnosed with preeclampsia and the cure for that is delivery. I was 39 weeks and 2 days, so it only made sense to go ahead and admit me. I was SO EXCITED! Downside of all this was because of my high blood pressure and preeclampsia, I was going to have to be on a medicine called Magnesium Sulfate. Mag sulf relaxes every soft muscle in your body. It protects the baby and I from lots of things, and protected me from seizures.

They started me on cytotec, a medicine to help progress this delivery. Since I was very uncomfortable they did my epidural pretty early. I was maybe dilated to a 2 and they had already given the okay to give it. I was SCARED! But Kyle helped me through it, along with my awesome nurse, Karen. Then about 8:00 PM they started me on pitocin. Labor is a blur to me =/ but from what I remember, I went from a 3 to a 7 in about an hour and a half! When I got to an 8 I was hurting pretty bad. This is where I don't exactly remember what happened.. I believe I progressed quickly to a 9 and then to relieve any pressure I started pushing. I felt like I was going to pass out while I was pushing so it was difficult for me. Kyle kept his thumb on that epidural button, boy was I hurting! Appartenly my blood pressure dropped and the doc wasn't too happy about that so she ordered me some ephedrine! At 5:24 AM our baby was here! FINALLY! I was exhausted, I couldn't see, and I felt like crap! :( Didn't even feel comfortable holding my precious baby girl because of the meds I was on.

She was 7.7lbs and 18 in long of perfection! She was/is so beautiful. I fell absolutely head over heels for this little girl.






No comments:

Post a Comment